Only information that has been reviewed and cleared for dissemination will be published on Oklahoma Mesonet official pages. The Oklahoma Mesonet makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the documents on the Site or Application, or any part thereof, including any warranties of title, non infringement of copyright or patent rights of others, merchantability, or fitness or suitability for any purpose.
These pages pertain to the Oklahoma Mesonet, a joint operation of the University of Oklahoma (“OU”) and Oklahoma State University (“OSU”) (collectively “University”) and are in accordance with the University of Oklahoma’s Web Policy, Web Publication Guidelines, and Computer Use Guidelines.
- Copyright. The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Application and Site are proprietary to the Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma and protected under applicable copyright laws. The commercial copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Site or Application are strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site or Application. The posting of information or materials on the Site or Application does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
All Web sites and electronic publications must follow OU and any other applicable legal standards regarding copyright. In general, Web publishers must secure permission from the owner of the copyright when including copyrighted material, such as text, photographs, audio, video, etc., and include a permission statement or disclaimer as required by the copyright owner. Provisions of fair use may allow limited use of copyrighted materials without permission of the copyright holder. For more information on copyright, visit the U.S. Copyright Office.
- Trademarks. The Universities have registered the names, logos, and trademarks of their respective Universities with the appropriate legal offices including the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Any mark, logo, symbol, nickname, letter(s), word(s) or combination of these that can be associated with the University of Oklahoma or Oklahoma State University qualify as a trademark; e.g., the interlocking “OU,” “Boomer Sooner,” “OSU” and “Pistol Pete”. Other product and company names mentioned on the Site or Application may be trademarks of their respective owners. Materials and/or products bearing University logos and marks are subject to the licensing policies of the respective Universities and users must license their use or secure permission from a duly authorized representative of the University.
- Information on Site and Application. We will make every reasonable effort to include on the Oklahoma Mesonet Web Site along with its associated Web Sites and Application only information that is accurate and current. Although every effort is made to ensure that we work from authoritative sources and the Site and Application are kept as current as possible, we cannot and do not warrant that the source documents are unconditionally accurate or that information on the Site or Application are absolutely current. Individual Web sites have modification dates that may be used as guides to the timeliness of the data; however, we cannot warrant that no changes have been made to the source information since that date. The Oklahoma Mesonet developers are responsible for following university policies and local, state, and federal laws.
- Editing, Deleting and Modification. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site or Application.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Boards of Regents of the University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University, their employees and representatives and the Oklahoma Mesonet (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your use or misuse of the Site or Application.
- Nontransferable. Your right to use the Site or Application is not transferable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information or documents is not transferable.
- Disclaimer and Limits. THE INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE ON OR FROM THE SITE OR APPLICATION. IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION THEREOF, WE AND OUR AFFILIATED PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU. THIS SITE, APPLICATION, AND THE INFORMATION WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATION SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY VIRUSES CONTAINED WITHIN THE ELECTRONIC FILE CONTAINING THE FORM OR DOCUMENT IS DISCLAIMED. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU, UNDER ANY AND ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, WILL NOT EXCEED THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR ANY GOODS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION SPECIFICALLY PURCHASED FROM THE UNIVERSITY ON THIS SITE OR APPLICATION.
- Third-Party Services. We allow access to or advertise third-party merchant sites (“Merchants”) from which you may purchase certain goods or services. You understand that we do not operate or control the products or services offered by Merchants, whether or not they are direct employees of the Oklahoma Mesonet. Merchants are responsible for all aspects of order processing, fulfillment, billing and customer service. We are not a party to the transactions entered into between you and Merchants. You agree that use of such Merchants is AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY US, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OR NON INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE WE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO OUR SITE.
- Third-Party Merchant Policies. All rules, policies (including privacy policies) and operating procedures of Merchants will apply to you while on such sites. We are not responsible for information provided by you to Merchants. We and the Merchants are independent contractors and neither party has authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other.
- Links to Other Web Sites. The Site and Application contains links to other Web sites. The University does not investigate, monitor or check linked Web sites and disclaim any liability or responsibility for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such Web sites. Inclusion of any linked Web site on our Sites or Application does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Web site by us. If you decide to leave our Site or Application and access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
- Information and News Releases. The Site and Application contain information and news releases about us. While this information was believed to be accurate as of the date prepared, we disclaim any duty or obligation to update this information or any news releases. Information about companies or organizations other than ours contained in the news release or otherwise, should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by us.
- Equal Opportunity Statement. This institution in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admission, employment, financial aid, and educational services.